Whipped Feta Naan Bread Crostini - Delicious Food and Scrumptious

Post Top Ad

Post Top Ad

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Whipped Feta Naan Bread Crostini



Does this still count as “healthy-eating”?? I’m not sure to be honest, I’d like to say “hell yes!!” but I feel like I ate more naan than I should have and loaded it with too much feta dip to be called “healthy”.  I can’t help it, this whipped feta dip is really addictive – to a point that the naan bread basically became the vehicle to scoop as much of the feta into my mouth as I could! For real though, warm naan bread and cheese dip, it can’t possibly get better than this, right??

I mean, seriously, how could anyone resist carbs and cheese?? Maybe you can, and if that’s you reading this, then you’re a better person than me. But I’ll just console myself with more of this whipped feta naan bread with tomatoes.  See, I’m feeling better already! At least it’ll FEEL like you’re eating something healthy, and isn’t that all that matters? Just don’t think too hard about it.  Or maybe just own it, embrace the fact that you’re smearing far too much feta dip over that buttery naan to be considered healthy.  Just go with it!

The whipped feta dip is so incredibly delicious.  I made it for a dinner party the other day, and it was gone before I could dig in.  So, the next day I consoled myself by making an extra batch of it all for myself! Worth it!  It’s salty, herby, cheesy and creamy.  Could it sound any better? Hmmm…the word “bacon” might have helped, but I’m trying to keep this recipe semi-healthy.  The bacon will have to wait. Or maybe you’ll add it and then make me jealous by telling me how delicious it was.  I’m OK with that :):)

I baked the naan bread beforehand in the oven, because who doesn’t like warm, buttery naan!? It practically melts in your mouth and the cheese dip oozes over the sides as you eat it.  I could eat the naan bread just on its own, but it’s really even better with the feta and tomatoes (obviously!!).
I’m so happy it’s finally tomato season! Yay! We just planted our cherry tomato plant and I’m getting impatient while it still grows, so for now I’m at the grocery store but at least the tomato aisle got a lot bigger. Double yay! I love biting into those little juicy tomatoes, it’s so satisfyingly delicious.  Did I mention that we planted our garden? We have A LOT of tomato plants, mostly because my husband loves tomatoes and last year I barely got to eat them because he kept picking them off the vine and eating them before I got a chance.  Sneaky!

This naan bread “crostini” would be so perfect to serve at a dinner party, or just to make all for yourself and I won’t judge – this is a safe place!! I think it would make a great lunch idea too, just pack the dip, tomatoes and naan separately so it doesn’t get too soggy.  I would totally look forward to that lunch, and you KNOW I need to look forward to lunch to get through my work day!

Creamy whipped feta dip over buttery naan crostini and topped with juicy tomatoes and fresh herbs
Author:
Recipe type: Appetizer


Ingredients

Whipped Feta Dip:
  • 6 oz feta cheese
  • 3 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
  • 4 tbsp of roughly chopped herbs (I used equal parts mint, chives, parsley, basil)
  • 1 garlic clove
  • ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
  • zest of 1 lemon + juice
  • salt and pepper to taste

Tomatoes:
  • 1 tbsp of finely chopped basil
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 cups of halved cherry tomatoes
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • Naan bread
  • 1 tbsp unsalted butter




Read More: Whipped Feta Naan Bread Crostini

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad